A case study is a great research method used to gain a better understanding of a subject or process. Writing acase studyinvolves an in-depth analysis of a given subject in order to understand its functionality, significance and ways to improve it.
The main purpose of writing a case study is to identify a problem, determine the solution, and share the benefits.
In this blog post, we have compiled the best case study examples for you to get started and write a perfect one on your own.
What is a Case Study?
A case study is a story that uses real-life examples to show how a product or service works. They are a type of thought leadership content that can be used in marketing and sales to help people understand how the product or service can help them. They can also be used in other fields, where a case or subject, helps the reader understand how a phenomenon could unfold or what its effects are.
A case study is a story of something a subject did. It usually starts with a conflict. Then it explains what happened next. The resolution is how the subject solved or improved on something.
How Long Should a Case Study Be?
The best case studies are clear and concise around 500-1500 words. They communicate a lot of information in a small space. In the best examples, your reader can understand the main idea of each page in a short paragraph or two.
Keep your writing organized and focused. Make sure each detail supports the next and leads to a clear ending. This will help keep your readers interested and moving forward without getting distracted.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job
Why are Case Studies Important?
When you conduct a case study, you talk to a bunch of people instead of just one person. This gives you a better understanding of the subject because you hear lots of different points of view. This also reduces the chance that someone's opinion will bias your results.
For instance, a marketing case study is one of the most persuasive pieces of content in your sales funnel. It's perfect for guiding people through the decision-making process when they have a lot of options and they're ready to figure out which one is best for them.
The basic purpose of a case study is to help the decision-makers make a decision based on the collective response of the target audience, rather than an individual opinion.
Case Study Examples In Daily Life
There are differenttypes of case studywritten for different purposes. Many students don’t know the basic techniques for writing a case study design and find it a very difficult assignment.
It can be quite a challenging task but with the help of various tips and real-world examples of a case study, you will be able to complete this task without any hassle. Similarly, the case study examples in education help students to conduct case studies in their respective fields.
There are many ways that can help you complete the assignments more easily. One of them is reading great case study examples. Reading examples will also help you to make sure you are following the correctcase study formatfor great results.
Below we have provided some examples to help you complete your assignment quickly and without much effort.
Here are some recommendations that can be helpful in writing a winning case study.
- Always use real-life examples.
- Finish every part of your case study with points for further discussion.
- Provide credible information on your selected topic.
- Make sure the story is believable.
A case study is an important assignment that helps students to understand the causes and consequences of an event or activity by creating its model.
Such writing assignments show how complexities may affect various decisions and that is what makes case studies so important.
Case Study Examples in Software Engineering
Case studies are an important academic writing assignment and the purpose of writing is to provide a thorough analysis of a certain situation.
To learn more about writing a case study in software engineering, refer to the following examples. These good case study examples for computer science students include everything you might need for writing a compelling case study.
Here are the steps that you need to follow for writing a case study in software engineering.
- Determine your goals
- Select a case site that you will visit to conduct your study
- Initiate the interview process
- Start the analysis
- Begin the writing process
No matter how hard a case study analysis is, it must be well-written in order to figure out the solution and identify what is the problem.
Case Study Examples Software Quality Assurance
Here are some more QA case studies to help you learn how to discuss issues encountered by organizations and the possible solutions.
Case Study Examples for Nursing Students
The aim of writing a nursing case study is to provide a detailed analysis of an individual patient. In this type of research, when you explore different patient case study examples, you gain detailed information about the symptoms and medical history of the patients.
You can also look at the following medical case study examples as a reference for creating your paper.
Nursing case study examples allow you to provide the diagnoses of the patient’s condition based on the symptoms.
Typically, a nursing case study contains the following elements:
- The status of a patient
- Assessment of the patient’s condition
- Appropriate case plan and recommendations
Nursing students usually perform this research as a part of their practicum, making it an important experience of their academic and work life.
Case Study Examples Psychology
Typically, a psychology case study focuses on an individual. But there are times when you have to examine multiple cases.
For your help, we have compiled an interesting psychology case study example to start the writing process easily.
Mental Health Case Study Examples Business Case Study Examples Marketing Case Study Examples Social Work Case Study Examples
In undergraduate study, a psychological case study commonly focuses on the character of a book or film.
Psychology case studies are accepted as one of the best ways of investigating individuals with psychological abnormalities. By examining all the aspects of your subject’s life, thought process, and behavior, you discover the possible causes of exhibiting such behavior.
Mental Health Case Study Examples
Writing a great case study may seem an overwhelming task. Not only do you have to worry about the quality of your writing but also various other sources, types, diagnoses, and theoretical approaches as well.
Business Case Study Examples
A business case study examines a business’s specific challenge or goal and how it should be solved. Business case studies usually focus on a number of details related to the initial challenge and proposed solution.
You can find a variety of business case study templates and examples online that you can read for your better understanding.
To help you out, we have also mentioned some business case study examples with solutions you can refer to.
A business case study is usually written by the marketing team and can make great sales collateral. It is an effective tool used by many business schools, colleges and universities. Students are asked to write case studies to analyze different situations, proposed solutions, and make recommendations.
Typically, a business case study discovers one of your customer stories and how you solved a problem for them. It will allow your prospects to see how your solutions address their needs.
A perfect business case study is all about investigating a business problem and examining all the alternative solutions. In the end, it proposes the most effective solution with supporting evidence.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Marketing Case Study Examples
A marketing case study is a great way to showcase your results and convince potential customers to work with you.
You can also refer to the following marketing case study examples with solutions and understand the whole concept better.
For writing a perfect marketing case study, here are some best practices that you should keep in mind.
- To make your case study interesting and compelling, walk your readers through a start, middle, and end like a good story.
- Create top solutions to resolve your customer’s issue and then create specific case studies to highlight those solutions.
- Plan ahead and get the client’s permission to use their story in a case study. In this way, you can make sure that your client’s success stories are available to everyone coming to your site.
A marketing case study is an effective content marketing strategy to help you take your prospects through every phase of the buyer’s journey. It highlights your marketing efforts and tells the readers how you have helped a customer with similar problems.
Social Work Case Study Examples
If you are looking for helpful social work case study examples, you are at the right place. We have provided you with some case study examples to understand the issues and challenges that a social worker deals with.
If you have to submit a social work case study or a medical case study soon and you have no idea where to start. You are not alone!
Writing a great social work case study is not an easy task.
Hopefully, the above guide helps you to write a compelling case study. Now you have case study paper examples to follow. Refer back to this guide every time you are writing a case study and find it difficult to complete.
If you don’t know how to approach such a task it can be really daunting. That’s why it is better to turn to a case study writing service online.
A well-written case study from professionalessay writer onlineis all you need to make a long-lasting impression. A great case study can be a great marketing tool for any sales team and for students, it can be helpful to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the subject to get a good grade.
Writing a perfect case study is not everyone’s cup of tea. That’s why it is better to use ouressay writing serviceand get a top-quality case study in no time.
Contact us today and place yourorderfor a well-written case study.
How do I find case study answers? ›
- Read And Examine The Case Thoroughly:
- Define The Central Issue:
- Gathering Information:
- Take A Brief Introduction:
- Understand The Organizational Goal:
- Research Various Aspects of the Organization Related To Case Study:
- Identify The Other Related Constraints:
Researchers might study a group of people in a certain setting or look at an entire community. For example, psychologists might explore how access to resources in a community has affected the collective mental well-being of those living there.How can I get free case study solutions? ›
- The Case Centre. ...
- Copenhagen Business School Case Studies (Case Centre) ...
- Eforce Case Studies (Case Centre) ...
- Highlighted Cases and Case Studies: Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative. ...
- Read and absorb the narrative given in the context of the case.
- Make the case real, visualise yourself in that context, play your role.
- Search for knowledge that might help, thinking across a whole range of subjects.
- Ditch the norm. You've seen that tired, old case study template a million times: ...
- Show the cost of inertia. A more useful approach is to spell out how much not solving their problem could eventually cost. ...
- Prove your value. ...
- Create a more effective format.
- Choose the situation on which to write.
- Gather as much information as possible about the situation.
- Analyze all of the elements surrounding the situation.
- Determine the final solution implemented.
- Gather information about why the solution worked or did not work.
- Descriptive case studies.
- Explanatory case studies.
- Exploratory case reports.
- Intrinsic case studies.
- Instrumental case studies.
- Collective case reports.
He has helpfully characterised three main types of case study: intrinsic, instrumental and collective. An intrinsic case study is typically undertaken to learn about a unique phenomenon.What is the structure of case study? ›
Structure of A Case Study Report
Cover page including basic student and class information. Table of contents showing where key parts of the report can be found. Executive summary of the key recommendations and points of the report. Introduction to the report and identification of the focal problem being faced.
- (1) A time- and issue-bounded dilemma.
- (2) Explanations of issues and concepts.
- (3) A story, with vivid characters and moments.
- (4) Data and other information.
- (5) Scenarios that lead in different directions.
What are the three most important areas of a case study? ›
- The Problem. One of the strongest appeals of business case studies is that they address real life problems. ...
- Solution Options. The Solution Section of a business case study essentially builds the case for the sponsor's product or service. ...
- The Results. ...
- Find cases that are suitable for practicing alone.
- Synthesize the case background information out loud.
- Ask clarifying questions out loud.
- Structure a framework and present it out loud.
- Propose an area to start the case.
- Answer each case question out loud.
- Start by identifying the theories and concepts covered in your course. ...
- Practice reading case studies and identifying relevant information. ...
- Practice relating concepts and theories to real-world situations: ask lecturers and check textbooks for practice examples.
LibrarySearch. LibrarySearch is one place to start when looking for case studies. You can find specialised case study journals, books that include case studies, and articles based on case studies.How do you start a case study introduction? ›
- Introduction. Introduce the main purpose of the case study and briefly outline the overall problem to be solved.
- Description. Write a brief description of the case under discussion giving an outline of the main issues involved. ...
- Discussion. ...
- Conclusion / Recommendations.
When it comes to the case study method, there are two major approaches that can be used to collect data: document review and fieldwork. A case study in research methodology also includes literature review, the process by which the researcher collects all data available through historical documents.How long should a case study be? ›
While the guidelines and template contain much detail, your finished case study should be only 500 to 1,500 words in length.How do I write a case study for my child? ›
- Step One: Provide a brief context for the child you are studying and the setting. ...
- Step Two: Involve the Child's Family. ...
- Step Three: Identify the Child's Developmental Needs. ...
- Step Four: Make a Plan for Action.
Include Real Numbers
To create a stronger case study, use clear, direct numbers. Share exactly how much your increased traffic, revenue, or whatever goals matter to your customers. This makes your case study more believable and helps build trust in your brand. You want your case study to be as precise as possible.
The case study method is a learning technique in which the student is faced a particular problem, the case. The case study facilitates the exploration of a real issue within a defined context, using a variety of data sources (Baxter et al., 2008).
What is a simple case study? ›
a case study can be defined as an intensive study about a person, a group of people or a unit, which is aimed to generalize over several units'.1 A case study has also been described as an intensive, systematic investigation of a single individual, group, community or some other unit in which the researcher examines in ...What are the 6 parts of case study? ›
- Preparation. Just like with any study, it's important to first prepare to conduct the case analysis. ...
- Introduction. ...
- Background information. ...
- Proposed solutions. ...
- Recommendations. ...
What Are Case Study Questions? Case study questions are business-oriented situations or challenges presented during the interview for which candidates require to provide solutions. These questions assess a candidate's business acumen, analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.What is the first most common method in doing a case study? ›
The case study method often involves simply observing what happens to, or reconstructing 'the case history' of a single participant or group of individuals (such as a school class or a specific social group), i.e. the idiographic approach.What is the focus question asked in a case study? ›
Your case study should focus on one problem, so ask what problem the user was trying to solve. This question will give the reader (and you) insight into how people perceive and use your product.What are the 8 sections of a case study? ›
In a previous issue, I discussed the need to include the following components in an effective case study: Introduction/context, Goals, Obstacles, Solution, Results, Benefits and Call to action.What is the most important part of a case study? ›
A compelling executive summary
One of the most important components of a case study is a powerful executive summary. It lets your reader know what they're getting into, and how they might relate to and benefit from what they'll learn. Firstly, it needs to introduce your customer and their challenges.
For most case studies, the primary source of data will be participant interviews. Figuring out what to collect in addition to the interview data is the challenge. Stake (1995) discussed two other potential sources of data for case study research: observation and document review.Where can I find sources for a case study? ›
You can either visit their individual websites (Darden, Harvard, INSEAD, Ivey, Kellogg, Sloan, and Stanford) or use an aggregator, such as The Case Centre, to search and purchase a case study.Where can I find information for a case study? ›
LibrarySearch. LibrarySearch is one place to start when looking for case studies. You can find specialised case study journals, books that include case studies, and articles based on case studies.
Where can I find case studies online for free? ›
Finding Case Studies on the Free Web
There are a few noteworthy sites that provide free online access to case studies, including: MIT Sloan School of Management LearningEdge Case Studies. The New York Times Case Studies. The Case Centre - Free Case Collections.
- BAILII – a free database with the widest coverage of case transcripts.
- LawCite – a free database giving citation information for cases.
- CommonLII – a free database indexing cases from former Commonwealth countries.
Sources of information or evidence are often categorized as primary, secondary, or tertiary material.How do I search case studies on Google? ›
Go to the Advanced Search. Enter your search term(s) Scroll down to the Document Type box and select Case Study. Click Search.Can I get Harvard case studies for free? ›
Cases & Case Studies
Each student must pay for their own copies. To find and use these commercial cases, go to Harvard Business Publishing. By registering for a free educator account, you can create an online coursepack to provide online access to specific cases (with "up to 60% off" for students).
A case study research paper examines a person, place, event, condition, phenomenon, or other type of subject of analysis in order to extrapolate key themes and results that help predict future trends, illuminate previously hidden issues that can be applied to practice, and/or provide a means for understanding an ...